Great flavor with a little kick! This spicy fish soup can be as hot and spicy as your taste buds will allow. Something that will warm you up during these chilly fall days.
Low-Point Spicy Fish Soup
- 1 lb. Swai fish (You can use tilapia, mahi-mahi, or any white fish you desire)
- 1 Tbs plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1, 14.5 oz. can dice tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup asparagus, chopped small
- 1/2 tsp. yellow curry
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, depending on your desired spice level
- 6 large green olives or 12 small, chopped
- Fresh basil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat fish with 2 tsp. olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 15 min. (or until fish flakes with a fork).
While the fish is baking, in a large sauce pan heat 1 Tbs olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, and red pepper. Sauté for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add chicken broth, dice tomatoes, asparagus, curry, cayenne pepper, and olives. Stir frequently until asparagus has softened a little. When fish is done baking, remove from oven, cut into pieces, and add to soup base. Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy! If you'd like a printer-friendly version of this recipe, Click Here.
Total servings - 8 cups
Serving size - 1 cup
Points per serving - 2
Points plus per serving - 2.5
"Sometimes we need to break before we shine...
just like a glow stick." - Anonymous