These fabulous fish tacos are coated with such savory seasonings, you don't even need to top it with sauce. But just in case you love that savory taco sauce, I have created not one, but three, delicious sauces for your taste buds to enjoy!
Low-Point Fabulous Fish Tacos
- 1 Tbs, plus 1 tsp. olive oil - divided
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 4, 4 oz. white fish (such as swai, tilapia, or mahi mahi)
- smoked paprika
- 2 Tbs Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- low-cal, high fiber 8-inch flour tortillas (like Target's Market Pantry flour tortilla)
- red cabbage, shredded
Heat skillet over medium high heat with 1 Tbs olive oil. Add garlic, onion, and red pepper. Stir for approximately one minute. Add in tomato and stir for another minute. Remove mixture to bowl and set aside to cool. Remove skillet from heat until you prepare your fish. Return skillet to heat and let get hot before adding fish.
Coat fish with remaining 1 tsp. olive oil. Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt, pepper, cumin, and smoked paprika. Pat Panko onto both sides of fish and place in skillet over medium-high heat. (If the skillet needs more oil, spray with Pam Cooking Spray with olive oil.) Cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish, let cool slightly and then chop into chunks. Add fish to sautéed vegetables and combine gently. Place fish mixture into flour tortillas and top with red cabbage. Enjoy! If you'd like a printer-friendly version of this recipe, Click Here.
Add one of these great taco sauces below:
Creamy Salsa Creole
- 2 Tbs each of light sour cream, light mayonnaise, and salsa. Add 1/4 tsp. of both creole seasoning and dill seed. Mix and add 1 Tbs on top of each taco.
- 2 Tbs each of guacamole (ready mini cups), salsa, and light sour cream. Add 1/4 tsp. creole seasoning. Mix and add 1 Tbs on top of each taco.
Creamy Whole-Grain Mustard Salsa
- 2 Tbs each of light sour cream, light mayonnaise, and salsa. Add 1/2 to 1 Tbs whole-grain mustard. Mix and add 1 Tbs on top of each taco.
Total servings - 6
Serving size - 1 taco
Points per serving - Without any salsa toppings - 3; with one tablespoon any of the salsas - 3.5
Points plus per serving - Without any salsa toppings - 4.5; with one tablespoon of any of the salsas - 5
NOTE: You can also just use salsa by itself for no added points!
"I've never met a meal I didn't like." - Miss Piggy